In addition to the tests and controls to be performed, the ATS format makes it possible to define a set of meta-data that are very useful for characterizing all of your tests.
To access it, click on the "Page" icon at the top right of the editing window of your script.
You will then see a submenu whose activation will modify the display of your editor according to the information to display:
You return to the display in the test actions editor. By default this possibility is not activated.
You access the information in the script header:
The following items are displayed:
- Author : the person or group who performed the test
- Description : definition of the test content. This field accepts HTML code. You can also add a set of metadata that will be reproduced as such in the ATS script: requirement numbers, and so on.
- Prérequisite : what are the links with other files, or the availability of environments, etc.
- Groups : the groups to which the test is affiliated.
Display of the raw ATS code corresponding to the test being edited.
This menu allows you to copy the code of the test to send it by email to a correspondent who can replay it.
This tab does not allow direct editing of the ATS code.
When receiving an email or file containing ATS code, the procedure to import it into Agilitest is as follows:
- Create a new empty script
- Select the ATS code in your email editor, notepad, etc ...
- Drop the code directly into the empty window of the Agilitest editor
- Agilitest will read the code and regenerate the corresponding actions.
- Then click on Run ...
Display of the Java code generated during the execution of the test. Obviously, the java file that correspond to the ATS files of the tests can not be modified directly.
Closing the script, allows you to save it if it has not been saved.